6.2.14

brad called.



If you hear this I hope it eases
Some troubles you left with.
And I'm not sure what to say but I think I would,
Would've known that last day.
You said you had
The goals to come out on top, to set you up
To live untouched
By all the things that kept you from keeping up.

Then we heard and we hurt
And we scorned.
We burned for last words
Now lost. (You were our friend.)

The silence we sat through.
The break throughs, the laughter,
The shelter and the future
You planned on - I'll miss them.

I hope you're in a better place
With soul set free.
I hope you're still singing loud
With soul set free.
Too bad you're not around
For us to see,
But I still feel you around
Like you never left us.

2 comments:

WhitelinePsycho said...

I don't claim to get it all, the things that you've been writing, it doesn't matter after all, the images conjured here are darkly striking. Thanks man, keep it up.

WhitelinePsycho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.