21.12.18

quick little catch up on the last little wreck

its circumstantial. right now. October 13th, something o clock, call it noon to be easy. an ambulance ride later and the descriptive comes with the fevered shakes. my favorite descriptive word. left hand normal, right hand pecking order. broken, swollen and two full months later.

pedal pedal. sacramento to Plymouth and back but I thought this day, screw two lane no shoulder hwy16 for the first... 8? miles. theres a park and ride at sunrise and 16, so lets boogie out there in the automobile for a quick rip. maybe rancho is 8 miles... and not the park and ride. who knows. doesn't matter. parked and geared up, I took off. starts with a slight uphill after the light heading east. then a downhill into some tree cover. note, road kill barn owl, come back for it. cool... pedal pedal. around some farm homes, an equestrian center, and the slight drop into rancho Marietta. green light and he's not stopping, shit I got this... nope I didn't. sitting on my ass in the middle of the intersection, bikes one way and I'm another. my hand hurts, my foot hurts and I can't stand up. this again? this again. cars are moving and I can join em. my bikes still over somewhere and now theres people approaching me from a few directions. " I can't stand up, just get me to the curb." assisted by strangers and sat in the wet grass, I realize where I'm at, what happened and how much of that water is soaking up through my shorts.fingers sideways and little did I know how much of a pain in the ass it was going to be... and two months later, still is. hence the comment of pecking order above... and beyond. this couldn't have happened much closer to a fire station than it did. but he still drove the 150 feet since its an emergency room on wheels, picture me rollin'. well I can't walk, my bikes probably fucked and my cars trillion mils away as far as I was concerned, but hey if I'm going to a hospital, since I can't stand up and all, can we atlas stop by my car to get my shoes. when the hospital releases me I won't be able to walk on those sick ass floors with the clip in shoes., sure the driver say disgustingly. who the fuck asks to make a stop somewhere while in an ambulance. ME! fuck it, if I'm paying (what costs me) 3,000 for a ride 20 minutes I better get some fuckin service. after all I didn't get any pain killers on that ride. tattoos and a shaved head means I'm a junkie. my story never pans out if they only knew. so the ambulance guys dropped me at kaiser and said good luck. of which I needed. worst service I've ever had at a hospital and I've been thru em all. to think of it I've been to a lot of em. Arizona, California, Indiana, Vermont, New Orleans, and multiples in each state at that, no pain killer in the er, just an era strength alieve. they put my finger in a splint without fixing it and I left with it as sideways as it was when I showed up. foot was broken, some toes, but they gave me a little stiff shoe to wear as to not bend my foot digits. right,,,
todd scott and all three kids came to swoop me up which was a godsend. they took me to the forestation to get my bike and back to my car. I drove to the pharmacy to pick up my pain meds and the person there told me they were just more extra strength alieve and I just gave up hope. Advil works better in my head. then home...
so homeboy ran a red light, I t boned his rear fender and basically got 360 flipped off my bike, landed on my butt and kinda sorta walked away from any major damages. first time wearing a helmet too,,, didn't even hit my head though it could have been much worse.

more on the two month recovery another time... cause it'll be three months til I'm fully back I'm sure. still can't bend my finger today but I'm doing physical therapy now that the pin came out on the 19th.

beds full of cameras, coats, socks, mail and bags, guess I'm sleeping with it all tonight. listening to porangui and don evangilino murayay.

No comments: